|Date Posted||September 13, 2020|
|Address||441 Charmany Drive|
Summary of Major Responsibilities
In alignment with the direction and strategy of the Senior Manager, the Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) provides support of both onsite and remote dining services, as well as assist in programming designed to improve awareness of health issues for employees throughout the organization. This role will collaborate closely with multiple Exact Sciences stakeholders to help build a positive work environment and culture for both Wellness and Food Service functions that serves our diverse employee population of over 1500+ employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan and implement programs to assist in the promotion of health and wellness within the organization.
- Collaborate with the Senior Manager of Food Service Operations and Executive Chef to ensure the highest possible quality of food service and standards.
- Work with the Chef and food service management team to develop menus and provide top quality offerings to meet diverse employee needs.
- Assist with menu nutritional analysis for onsite dining and retail operations.
- Educate employees about healthy eating and our food philosophy though taste testing, cooking demonstrations, and other interactive modalities.
- Evaluate and provide guidance on provision of dining delivery and customer service.
- Investigate customer complaints pertaining to dining or nutrition services as assigned.
- Provide nutrition education and lifestyle coaching to individuals and groups to assist in health promotion and reaching desired health outcomes.
- Lead and facilitate workshops to support wellness programming throughout the organization.
- Develop story ideas and content for nutrition-based food communications, such as newsletters and podcasts.
- Assist in shaping a holistic wellness culture.
- Serve on committees and projects as assigned.
- Develop a network of resources and contacts to use as appropriate to bring new ideas to the team.
- Keep current in clinical nutrition and dietetics, food system management, and state and federal regulations.
- Ability to work under supervision and accept feedback.
- Relate effectively and work respectfully with diverse work groups.
- Ability to consistently perform well during times of increased workload.
- Apply knowledge of HIPAA rules and regulations surrounding bona-fide wellness programs.
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to maintain confidential documents and information.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects at one time under tight deadlines.
- Ability to function within all levels of organization and at various locations.
- Ability to apply Medical Nutrition Therapy as prescribed.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service orientation: demonstrated willingness to help and go above and beyond for others (internal and external stakeholders).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds for approximately 5% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
- Ability and means to travel between Madison locations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Dietetics, Nutritional Science, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience as a Dietitian in a combination of clinical, community, and/or corporate nutrition.
- 3+ years of experience in applying Motivational Interviewing techniques.
- Registered Dietitian/Registered Dietitian Nutritionist with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR).
- Certified Dietitian in the State of Wisconsin.
- Professional working knowledge in administering nutrition programs for individuals and groups.
- A “green” focused approach that will support company efforts in recycling, organics recycling, and waste disposal initiatives.
- Familiar with recipe development to support sustainability practices, organic and local eating guidelines.
- Basic computer skills to include Internet navigation, Email usage, and word processing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Advanced certification in Dietetics (examples include: Master’s Degree, Certificate of Training in Adult Weight Management, CDE, Sports Dietetics).
- Previous weight management counseling experience.
- Familiar with Intuitive Eating & HAES Philosophies.