|Date Posted||July 9, 2021|
|Address||3400 Millington Rd|
Leading to better encompasses all we do at Kerry, it's how we've become the worlds leading taste and nutrition company. Whether it's building and manufacturing sustainable solutions for food, beverage or pharmaceutical consumers, our commitment to lead the world to better nutrition drives us forward. With 24,000+ colleagues across the globe and 15,000+ Kerry products, your opportunities are limitless.
A career with Kerry Taste & Nutrition offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.
Where you'll work:
Our Beloit, WI location is home to our Corporate Headquarters for the North American Region. This location has approximately 700 employees at this location that in roles such as regulatory, RD&A, finance, procurement, supply chain and customer care. It is easily commutable from the Rockford, Madison, and Milwaukee areas. You'll enjoy your time inside and outside of the office as we offer a full cafeteria, fitness center, and beautiful walking paths around the campus. This location is involved and committed to giving back to the community multiple times throughout the year through our Kerry Employee Engagement Program volunteering with various organizations.
What you'll do:
The RD&A Senior Scientist collaborates with Business Development, Operations, Regulatory, Finance and other RD&A experts to develop multi-functional, clean label food ingredients to maintain freshness of food products.
- You will be responsible for the design and execution of bench top and pilot scale experiments and supporting factory trials involving fermented and spray-dried functional ingredients.
- You will lead and participate on proactive and reactive Food Protection product & process technology projects, coordinate product introductions & commercialization, lead and participate on innovative interdepartmental and global teams.
- You will also keep current with the state of the art by complementing their experimental work with literature searches and participation in relevant conferences or online forums.
- You will design, conduct, and lead new product research for the development of multi-functional food ingredients. This requires a competency in bench top microbiology, aseptic technique, plating, transfer & culture maintenance.
- You will execute internal and external customer requests to satisfy project needs from a conceptual phase through commercialization and troubleshooting.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in food development industry, 8+ years preferred.
- B.S. in Microbiology and Food Science, or a related technical degree required, M.S. preferred.
- Highly competent in bench top microbiology, aseptic technique, plating, transfer & culture maintenance. Competent in handling foodborne pathogens, including spore-formers, gram positives and gram negatives. Competent in handling yeast, mold and lactic acid bacteria.
- Experience working with food fermentation pilot or production equipment (i.e. fermentation, spray drying, freeze drying, centrifugation, filtration, pelletizing, evaporation, pasteurization and sterilization).
- Strong background in food chemistry, food processing, sensory, microbiology, food packaging systems and food engineering.
- Travel 10%