|Date Posted||March 3, 2021|
|Address||3301 Kinsman Blvd|
Excellent Opportunity for an experienced Chemist to join our BioAnalysis group in Madison, WI. Covance’s work in developing new pharmaceutical solutions has an incredible impact on millions of lives worldwide. Be a part of this life-saving work. Help improve patients' lives while growing your career.
In this role, you'll analyze biological or chemical samples and/or develops/validates methodologies for various compounds and components in compliance with appropriate standard operating procedures (SOPs) and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Organizes, conducts and evaluates analytical results and testing.
- Maintains study documentation and laboratory records.
- Independently sets-up, maintains, operates and performs routine and non-routine maintenance on general equipment, including problem identification and resolution.
- Performs quality control review of data.
- Informs Study Director, Principal Investigator and/or management of any problems and/or deviations that may affect integrity of the data; participates in corrective action of problems.
- Promotes a cohesive team environment.
- With supervisory assistance, assures technical staff compliance to SOPs and other regulatory agency guidelines.
- Assists in setting up and performing method development and validation of various analytics in a variety of matrices.
- Performs complex analyses using unfamiliar or new methods, asking for scientific guidance as needed.
- Makes suggestions for modifications in test methods or procedures.
- Provides input and participates in project meetings, plans, monitors and guides project work.
- With supervisory assistance, serves as a lead chemist on projects, overseeing a small group of technical staff.
- Trains, mentors, and assists less experienced staff.
- Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment.
- Participates in new equipment and instrument assessment and qualification, as appropriate.
- Participates in client visits as needed, assists in communicating technical information.
- Participates in process improvement initiatives.
- Assists in evaluation of data for incorporation into written reports.
- Effectively plans and utilizes personnel and resources for timely completion of assigned projects.
- Assists in writing reports and protocols.
- Writes SOPs and methods.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science/Arts (BS/BA) degree in chemistry or related scientific field
- Relevant Bioanalytical experience may be substituted for education
- Ability to perform basic computer skills (e.g., Word, Excel).
- 1-2 years related or relevant laboratory experience required with a BS/BA degree
- Familiar with the use of standard laboratory equipment (e.g., balances, pipettes, centrifuges).
- Experience with analytical instrumentation is desired.
- Independently conduct tests for chemistry projects and provide initial analysis of results, asking questions as needed.
- Acts as a technical resource for the department (trouble shooting, method development, qualification, maintenance and training) with guidance as needed.
- Maintains and operates laboratory equipment, including independent problem identification and resolution.
- Evaluates data for incorporation into written reports.
- Completes project assignments on time with supervision.
- Knowledgeable on a variety of study types, analysis procedures and methodology.
- Able to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing.