|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||February 26, 2019|
Health Research Institute
|Address||945 N 12th St|
Under general supervision, prepares, maintains and negotiates research budgets and contracts. Works in conjunction with other departments within Aurora Health Care, as well as acts as a liaison between the Aurora study teams/physicians/scientists and representatives from sponsors, contract research organizations and other institutions in regards to budget/contract negotiations.
- Evaluates protocols/project proposals and business relationships in the context of applicable circumstance, policies and regulations for feasibility, project-specific requirements, and potential legal/compliance issues. Identifies documentation requirements and determines appropriate agreement templates to be used, in consultation with legal counsel as applicable.
- Coordinates with internal and external parties to develop or assist in the development of statements of work, project proposals, and other documents required for project-specific agreements.
- Reviews and evaluates protocols/project proposals to develop project-specific budgets that account for all procedural and labor costs. Partners with appropriate study staff to ensure all items/procedures/personnel time required by the project are accounted for and priced appropriately. Applies Aurora charge master pricing to project budgets utilizing department specific requirements and procedures. Obtains price quotes from outside service providers that will be engaged in the conduct of the project.
- Utilizes appropriate billing documentation to ensure budgets are built and negotiated according to appropriate billing designations. Collaborates with research billing analysts to address any discrepancies. Reviews investigator initiated protocols for problematic language and recommends appropriate changes to project teams.
- Proposes, reviews and negotiates contract language according to Aurora policies and guidance to ensure Aurora's legal, financial and business needs are met. Assesses contract payment terms to ensure optimal payment timelines and conditions. Negotiates budgets with sponsors to ensure Aurora’s financial needs are met.
- Coordinates necessary meetings to ensure all project personnel as well as outside entities are under the same understanding with regard to project requirements. Makes inquiries and obtains documentation confirming that compliance and regulatory requirements are in place prior to project initiation.
- Builds project calendars in the appropriate databases, when applicable. Reviews all project documents to ensure consistency across documents. Reviews final documents for accuracy and organizes the signature process under time-sensitive constraints.
- Inputs all progress and essential information in the project-tracking databases. Provides leadership, study staff, and investigators with timely status updates in regard to study progress.
- Resolves contract/budget related questions and issues as a result of project amendments, changing regulatory framework, or new institutional requirements. Negotiates budget/contract amendments as necessary.
- Assists in the development of departmental tools and templates as well as standard operating procedures. Assists with additional projects as requested.
Bachelor's Degree in Business, or
Bachelor's Degree in Life Science or related field.
Required Functional Experience
Typically requires 3 years of experience in research or other clinical, legal or financial field.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Demonstrated experience working in a team environment where customer service skills are essential. Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to effectively interact with physicians, sponsors and members of the research team. Strong attention to detail, including the ability to follow departmental standard operating procedures. Capable of taking a firm stance on issues of importance without giving in to pressures. Ability to work under multiple, daily deadlines and extremely time-sensitive conditions. Ability to effectively prioritize work tasks and successfully multi-task on a daily basis. Proficient in Microsoft Office.