|Date Posted||March 3, 2021|
|Address||525 Science Drive|
FUJIFILM Cellular Dynamics is a leading developer and supplier of human cells used in drug discovery, toxicity testing, stem cell banking, and cell therapy development. We partner with innovators from around the world to combine biologically relevant human cells with the newest technologies to drive advancements in medicine and healthier living. Our technology can be used to create induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) from anyone and followed by the powerful capability to develop into virtually any cell type in the human body. Our proprietary manufacturing system result in inventoried iCell® products and donor-specific MyCell® Products in the quantity, quality, purity, and reproducibility required for drug and cell therapy development
FUJIFILM Cellular Dynamics, Inc in Madison, WI is recruiting for multiple Research Specialist positions to staff openings in our iPSC platform, immune cell therapy, and ocular cell therapy development programs.. These positions require a self-motivated individual with experience in (stem) cell biology, immunology, and/or molecular biology, who can contribute to our ongoing efforts to generate differentiated cell types from human induced pluripotent stem cells. Qualifed individuals need to be inspired to support the development of therapuetics and/or life science products and tools to support reasearch endeavors . We aspire to improve the quality of life through our efforts. In return we provide development and support to enhance your career using cutting edge iPSC technology.
In these roles you'll provide research and experimental support of the derivation, genetic engineering, differentiation and characterization of human pluripotent stem cells and various differentiated cell types. These position supports development of complex, functional life science products, therapeutic development and assays used to support research and/or development initiatives of customers.
Essential Job Functions
- Utilize basic laboratory techniques including cell culture to execute experiments in support of project objectives.
- Follow standard operating procedures and current best practices to gather an analyze data.
- Maintain complete and accurate records.
- Effectively communicate experimental results to the project team. Prepare summaries of experiments in the form of presentations and technical reports.
- Write protocols, technical reports, and SOPs, and develop appropriate documentation for processes.
- Identify and recommend improvements to work practices and the laboratory environment.
- Work with a project team to develop robust cell culture processes and assays for derivation, genetic engineering, differentiation, scale-up, and/or characterization methods of human induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC)-derived cell types.
- Other job functions as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in stem cell biology, cell biology, developmental biology, immunology, biomedical or chemical engineering or a closely related scientific field is required.
- Demonstrated capability with cell culture, flow cytometry, and/or molecular biology methods. Stem cell culture experience is extremely desirable. Large scale bioprocessing experience is a plus.
- Self-motivated with a sound work ethic, initiative, the ability to multi-task, intellectual curiosity and a desire to acquire new technical skills.
- Flexibility to change project objectives quickly and enthusiastically.
- Proficient in written and oral communication, as well as the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Some evening and/or weekend work is required.