|Date Posted||April 9, 2021|
|Address||525 Science Drive|
FUJIFILM Cellular Dynamics, Inc in Madison, WI is recruiting for a Research Specialist to support our iPSC platform group. This position requires a self-motivated individual with experience in cell biology and molecular biology, who can contribute to our ongoing efforts to expand our core technology platform. Qualified individuals need to be inspired to support the development of therapeutics and/or life science products and tools to support research endeavors . We provide development and support to enhance your career using cutting edge iPSC technology.
In this role you'll provide research and experimental support of the derivation, genome engineering, and characterization of human iPSCs. This position supports development of complex, functional life science products, therapeutic program development, and assays used to support research and/or development initiatives of customers
Essential Job Functions
- Utilize basic laboratory techniques including cell culture to execute experiments in support of project objectives.
- Follow standard operating procedures and current best practices to gather an analyze data.
- Maintain complete and accurate records.
- Effectively communicate experimental results to the project team. Prepare summaries of experiments in the form of presentations and technical reports.
- Write protocols, technical reports, and SOPs, and develop appropriate documentation for processes.
- Identify and recommend improvements to work practices and the laboratory environment.
- Work with a project team to develop robust cell culture processes and assays for derivation, genetic engineering, and/or characterization methods of iPSCs.
- Other job functions as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in stem cell biology, cell biology, developmental biology, immunology, or a closely related scientific field is required.
- Demonstrated capability with cell culture, flow cytometry, and/or molecular biology methods. Stem cell culture experience is extremely desirable.
- Self-motivated with a sound work ethic, initiative, the ability to multi-task, intellectual curiosity, and a desire to acquire new technical skills.
- Flexibility to change project objectives quickly and enthusiastically.
- Proficient in written and oral communication, as well as the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Some evening and/or weekend work is required.