|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||December 18, 2019|
Contract GMP Manufacturing
|Address||3230 Deming Way|
Sample Coordinator – PPD Laboratories – Middleton, WI
PPD is a leading global contract research organization - currently operating in 46 countries! At PPD we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose - to improve health. Our organization works with a diverse group of pharmaceutical companies to help accelerate timelines to develop and deliver life changing medicine and therapies. As the largest GMP laboratory in North America, our lab in Middleton, WI offers the most comprehensive set of laboratory services available in the industry.
Team and Role Description
Our Sample Management team supports the entire GMP Middleton campus and is critical to the success of our lab. As a member of this team, you will work within a small group to contribute to the progress of the group as a whole. As a Sample Coordinator, you are integral to our ability to support our clients and ultimately, patients in need. In this role, you will be the gate-keeper and distributer of pharmaceutical products being tested in our labs for key pharmaceutical clients.
In addition, our teams support career growth within Sample Management/Lab Support and beyond. Once you become part of our PPD team there are many career pathways available for continued growth.
- Guides and advises laboratory staff in sample / standard procedures.
- Communicates status of samples / standards to appropriate laboratory staff.
- Receipt, check-in, login, labeling, launching, inventory, transport, check-out, return and disposal of materials in support of the laboratory.
- Completes investigation and deviation forms as necessary and determines appropriate CAPAs.
- Reviews and provides feedback on laboratory requests, ensuring compliance with applicable SOPs.
- Trains on SOPs, regulatory guidelines, and storage requirements. Responds to environmental unit alarms and participates in on-call responsibilities.
- Performs work assignments accurately and in a timely and safe manner
Education and Experience
- High / Secondary school diploma or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification; Technical positions may require a certificate
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to at least 2 years) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of inventory flow and control
- Ability to work in a fast-paced logistics and inventory atmosphere
- Knowledge of laboratory and regulatory requirements (documentation, sample storage)
- Ability to write/review SOPs and process improvement outlines
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Effective time management and project management skills
- Problem solving/troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
Work Environment Requirements
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities
What To Expect Next
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. It's not just talk, our award-winning training programs speak for themselves. Join PPD in our relentless pursuit of excellence! If you feel your skills are a fit for this position - apply now!
We look forward to receiving your application. A member of our talent acquisition team will review your qualifications and if interested, you will be contacted for an interview. Once your application is submitted, check out the link below to earn more about our Middleton, WI site! https://www.ppdi.com/Services/Laboratories/cGMP-Lab-Testing