|Date Posted||April 21, 2021|
|Address||3301 Kinsman Blvd|
Information about Eurofins as a whole:
- Over 50,000 employees worldwide
- Eurofins recently celebrated 30 years of excellence in bioanalytical testing.
- The company has grown from 4 employees in a small lab in France to a global network.
- 800 state-of-the-art laboratories across 41 countries.
- Eurofins is one of the best performing companies in the world. In three decades, the company has grown more than 3,000 times.
- Eurofins is now the global market leader in environmental, food, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics testing as well as in agro-sciences CRO (Contract Research Organization) services.
Information about Eurofins Food Chemistry Testing:
- Founded in 1926.
- Acquired by Eurofins Scientific on August 1st, 2020, previously Covance Food Solutions.
- New to Eurofins, not new to the global life sciences industry. Provide food consulting services to Fortune 500 food, beverage, and consumer product companies.
- Approximately, 450 employees here in the Madison, WI area.
- New, state-of-the-art lab building on the east-side of Madison.
Food Chemistry Testing: Â
What we doâ€¦
Analytical testing of foods, supplements, ingredients, and packaging. Includes work on: accurate nutrition labels, creating safe products and supply chains, and assisting with compliance with FDA and international regulatory agencies.
The Sample Coordinator position isÂ 1st shiftÂ from 9am to 5:30pm, Monday - Friday, with some overtime and weekend work that may be required. This is an onsite position based in Madison Wisconsin
- Learns sample accession tasks including; entering, tracking, and labeling, of samples
- Position will be introduced to food, dietary supplements, and micro samples for entry
- Learns to coordinate with Client Service Coordinators to establish or update customer service procedures, with guidance, as appropriate
- Engage in metric driven performance to ensure set target of entry orders are completed on a daily basis
- Learns to handle internal customer inquiries, solve problems, and contact internal clients for clarification as needed
- Learn LabWare Laboratory Information System (NIMS) and how to use in daily duties
- Assists group with quality events as assigned
- Other supporting duties as assigned
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Bachelor’s degree (in related science is preferred). Experience may be substituted for education
- Customer service skills, including attention to detail, confidentiality and communication skills
- Working knowledge of computers
- Will be exposed to potential food allergens (ex. Milk, tree nuts, peanuts, fish, shellfish, etc)
- Overtime and weekend work as required
- Job requires long periods of time sitting or standing at a computer in an atypical office environment
- Must be able to lift approximately 35 lbs. for short periods of time
- Requires training in handling potentially hazardous food or raw materials due to potential exposure