|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||October 11, 2019|
|Address||3301 Kinsman Blvd|
Position is full time, Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM, with additional hours as needed
Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Madison, WI are encouraged to apply
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supervises the staff responsible for Nutritional Chemistry and Food Safety (EFII) Sample Receiving and Sample Entry Functions. Responsible for the scheduling and resource allocation to ensure the optimal distribution between services demand and staff assignments to excel in providing signature client services.
- Responsible for the effective operation of the EFII Sample Management group. Plans, schedules, and organizes necessary resources to ensure appropriate effectiveness of sample receiving, sample entry, and client service representation. Implements department policies to maintain facilities and equipment.
- Schedules staff, assign resources, identifies needed resources and coordinates the appropriate acquisition of facilities resources as applicable.
- Ensures that all entries into NIMS are accurately completed and documented according to appropriate client requirements, client specifications, and other regulatory guidelines.
- Develops appropriate training plans, assures that staff is trained and proficient in all phases of Sample Receiving, Sample Entry, Client Services Representation, NIMS utilization and any other Client Service applicable function as needed. Generates training modules, as needed.
- Provides metrics analysis and updates for distribution to staff and leadership.
- Carries out process improvements to continually maximize the efficiency of the personnel and Sample Management areas, recommend solutions and implementation of action plans.
- Perform general human resources responsibilities including recruitment activities, performance evaluations, and progressive disciplinary processes, enforces Affirmative Action department goals.
- Provides for safety and welfare of staff and supports/enforces Environmental Health and Safety Policies.
- Act as a mentor to other staff and is looked on as an expert on NIMS/Operational problems for Sample Management related issues.
- Proactive interaction with internal and external clients, troubleshooting client issues including CAIR writing and resolution.
- Maintains appropriate shipping and receiving permits, including hosting appropriate approval audits.
- Resolves problems and notifies manager of resolution when job is within scope of own ability. Assists in meeting project goals within technical, time and budgetary constraints.
- Develop working relationship with internal clients/suppliers – particularly laboratory personnel and operations. Recommends approach and carries out solution as directed for more complicated problems.
- Able to lead project teams using management and leadership skills
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science/Arts (BS/BA). Chemistry or management preferred.
- Advanced knowledge and ability to interpret regulatory agency guidelines (GLPs, cGMPs, etc).
- Ability to perform at an advanced level with minimal supervision.
- Ability to accurately interpret and communicate scientific and organization information with internal and external clients.
- Ability to negotiate issues, ideas and suggestions.
- Six Sigma greenbelt certification preferred.
- Ability to effectively interact with clients and regulatory personnel.
- Requires strong customer service skills.
- Ability to perform intermediate/advanced computer skills (eg. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Minitab). Working knowledge of NIMS system, preferred.
- 3 – 4 years of previous supervisor experience in a regulated environment with a BS/BA degree, plus 3 – 4 years of related experience.
- Highly skilled in both written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to independently organize and evaluate data.
- Ability to initiate and implement both self and staff development efforts independently.
- Advanced ability to effectively interact with internal/external clients and regulatory agency personnel.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship