|Date Posted||March 3, 2021|
|Address||3301 Kinsman Blvd|
Covance by Labcorp is currently looking to recruit a Scientific Director - Pharmacometrics. The Pharmacometrics group plays a pivotal role in the drug development process through PK modeling and simulation and strategic consulting across preclinical and clinical drug development.
The leader will bring a track record of success in previous roles and be able to demonstrate strong leadership and scientific acumen. The person will drive new initiatives and ideas and also be highly agile in order to adopt and bring to life new ideas and innovations to enhance business, culture, and processes. Additionally, the incumbent will work directly with sponsors pre and post business wins to ensure that Covance is well-positioned for future growth and opportunities.
This role requires strong professional leadership and scientific capabilities. Additionally, he/she will lead across a complex global organization and deliver exceptional client performance and high-caliber CRO/pharmaceutical services. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record as an agent of change in challenging environments and proven success in fostering a confident and capable workforce. Additional key role responsibilities to include;
Client Relationship & Business Development Activities
- Partnering with global colleagues to develop new and enhance existing client relationships where possible
- Provides leadership and presents scientific capabilities to clients as a participant of a proposal team
- Utilize knowledge and understanding of business environment to create new business opportunities
- Serves as point of contact for key client relationships
- Able to present or serve on panels to represent the company at conferences and scientific meetings
- Provides leadership to staff within and outside the department
- Leads process improvement initiatives and/or scientific program initiatives that require involvement and impact across business units
- Contributes to vision and strategy/direction for team
- Highly self-motivated and willing to take on challenges
- Excellent critical-thinking, problem-solving skills, and organization skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build relationships and work closely with global internal and external teams
- Ability to plan, design, lead, and implement solutions
- Must have the ability to think creatively and have the technical capability to address challenges
- Reviews and makes recommendations on research proposals and reports.
- Perform noncompartmental data analysis and comply with GLP regulations, when necessary.
- Work with clients to develop and execute PK modeling and simulations supporting preclinical and clinical development across multiple therapeutic areas and compound classes.
- When necessary, support clients by performing PK data evaluation, analysis, interpretation, reporting of nonclinical and clinical studies.
- Provides subject matter and drug development expertise to be a key contributor to the strategy and execution of the program for the client
- Provides scientific expertise to project teams, both internal and external
- Interacts with inter-departmental and external consultants as appropriate
- Participates in project risk assessment activities
- Contributes to the scientific strategic leadership
- Demonstrates strong knowledge base in areas of physiological based PK modeling, large molecule PK modeling and/or modeling to support drug-drug interaction assessments.
- Participates in the planning and managing of business development and marketing activities for section or client group (e.g.; program management role, strategic planning role).
- Provides input to assist with performance evaluations, and staffing decisions.
- Develops proposals for new scientific technologies and coordinates the implementation to provide as a company service; reviews new proposals for scientific value and implementation.
- Work in team environment, involved in process improvement and SOP development if needed.
- Leads meetings with clients.
- Provides mentoring of peers and training of staff, as needed
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- PhD, or equivalent degree plus related experience
- Experience may be substituted for education
- Minimum of 10 years experience in drug development
- Recognized as a scientific leader in Pharmacometrics field
- Substantial knowledge of drug development and extensive pharmacokinetic modeling experience within the pharmaceutical/CRO industry
- Experience with software packages including, but not limited to: Phoenix WinNonlin, NLME, NONMEM, GastroPlus, R, SimCYP, etc. (not all required)