|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||October 14, 2019|
|Address||726 Heartland Trail|
Catalent hires people with a passion to make a difference to the health of millions of people globally. Your expertise, coupled with Catalent’s advanced technologies and collaboration with thousands of innovative pharmaceutical, biotech and healthcare companies, will help bring life-enhancing products to the people you know and love. Your talents, ideas and passion are essential to our mission; to develop, manufacture and supply products that help people live better, healthier lives. Interested in learning more about life at Catalent? Start here
Catalent Pharma Solutions - Position Description
Position Title: Scientist
Location: Madison, WI
I. Position Overview:
This position requires a variety of skills necessary for biotech company operations. The position is expected to possess a thorough understanding of laboratory procedures used in the development, implementation, and troubleshooting of a variety of biochemical assays. The position requires an individual who is able to demonstrate the Catalent leadership competencies:
Passion for Excellence
Engages & Inspires
Invests in Customers’ Success
Delivers Innovative Solutions
Builds Collaboration & Teamwork
II. Specific Duties, Activities, and Responsibilities:
This position requires the Scientist to be an expert in developing, implementing, running, and troubleshooting a variety of biochemical assays. The Scientist is expected to act as the Subject Matter Expert in this area for Analytical Development. This involves working closely with colleagues in Quality Control to transfer developed assays, interfacing with clients to transfer assays when needed, and to add value by interpreting data.
III. Position Requirements:
Education or Equivalent:
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, or related field with at least 2 years of laboratory experience. Experience in Pharma preferred.
- MS in Biochemistry, or related field with at least 5 years of industry laboratory experience
- B.S/B.A. in Biochemistry, or related field with at least 10 years experience in a laboratory environment
- Demonstrated excellence in designing, implementing, and executing in vitro protein assays, such as sandwich ELISAs and commercially available kits.
- Experience with developing assays for non-antibody proteins, such as enzymes.
- Experience with Octet or equivalent system.
- Experience with liquid handling (such as TECAN)
- Experience with statistical analysis of data, particularly with R or JMP
- cGMP documentation and experience
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Experience mentoring and training junior staff
- Technical expertise with a variety of assay formats.
- Technical expertise in the analysis of assay results. Experience with JMP or R based statistical analysis a bonus.
- Understanding of requirements for assay transfer and working in regulated environment preferred.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reading of written documents and use of computer monitor screen, reaching with hands and arms, talking, writing, listening
- Occasional bending, grasping, carrying, stooping, kneeling, crouching
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds
- Working in a lab environment will require working with skin irritants, lung irritants, electrical equipment, sharp instruments, toxic materials, and hazardous waste. Safety procedures will be followed to minimize exposure.
- Performance driven
- Customer focused
- Collaborative and inclusive
- Safety focused