|Date Posted||August 11, 2020|
|Address||525 Verona Rd|
How will you make an impact?
As a member of the SelectScreen™ Biochemical Screening Services team, you will perform high-throughput screening using a variety of biochemical assay technologies to characterize new chemical entities for our drug discovery clients. You will work as part of a team, following detailed laboratory protocols and analyzing screening data.
What will you do?
- Use laboratory skills in biochemistry or a related field to run high throughput screening (HTS) assays, with a scientific understanding of technologies being used.
- Run daily screening projects with good consistency and strong attention to detail.
- Utilize state-of-the-art liquid handling automation and detection instruments to complete screening projects in the laboratory.
- Perform data analysis and generate reports using established software tools and systems.
- Identify inconsistencies in data/results and clearly communicate observations to other team members.
- Advise senior team members and Supervisor of factors that may affect quality, accuracy, and usefulness of data. Identify potential problems in screening assays and provide ideas for solutions to technical or process problems.
- Achieve deadlines that other groups or individuals are dependent upon.
- Support our continuous improvement culture by demonstrating an ability to quickly learn and adapt to new processes.
- Respond to changing priorities and handle multiple projects with overlapping deadlines.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of urgency to deliver quality results to customers by defined deadlines.
- Maintain good communication with the team and Supervisor to ensure alignment on priorities.
- Validate new processes, automation methods, or reagents to be used in a production environment through rigorous validation plans
- Comply with all company safety regulations and procedures. Participate in all required trainings, completing assigned trainings on time.
- May be required to work up to 15% of hours after 5:00pm depending on business need.
How will you get here?
Bachelor's Degree in related field is required.
- Minimum of 2-5 years related experience.
- Industry experience with drug discovery with HTS, fluorescence-based assays, screening automation, and LIMS are highly desirable.
- A self-motivated individual that can function both independently as well as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of basic lab techniques, equipment, and materials is required.
- The individual should have a keen sense of urgency to get the job done, excellent lab hands, and be flexible to rapid changes in priorities.