|Date Posted||June 24, 2021|
|Address||645 Science Drive|
At MilliporeSigma, the Continuous Flow Process Development (CFPD) group located at the Milwaukee, WI site has an immediate opening for an R&D Scientist. The CFPD is a rapidly growing program consisting of innovative individuals that are engaged in developing modern process technologies for highly efficient chemical manufacturing. Your role will involve development of new continuous flow processes as well as conversion of existing batch processes to Continuous Flow. You will be part of an interdisciplinary team consisting of scientists, engineers and technicians which has enabled the program’s elevation to a strategic initiative.
- Design and execute experiments with the objective of optimizing chemical processes in a flow setting with an eye towards cost efficiency. All work is to be conducted following Safety and Ergonomic policies established by the company and with the highest regard for quality.
- Maintain accurate documentary records and write reports when necessary.
- Transfer the developed process technology to qualification and/or production groups via established protocol.
- Lead technical projects when necessary and act as a coach-mentor-expert to help junior staff to develop to their fullest potential.
Who You Are:
- PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related discipline or Master’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related discipline with 3+ years’ experience in process development or a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related discipline with 10+ years’ experience in process development
- Previous post-doctoral training or industrial experience
- Continuous flow experience highly desired
- Mechanical aptitude will be a plus
- Knowledge of chemical synthesis and safe chemical handling
- Knowledge on purification techniques (crystallization, distillation, chromatography)
- Basic knowledge of chemical analysis (GC, mp, HPLC, IR, UV, NMR)
- Display of team spirit, good communication ability and the ability to work independently or with modest supervision