|Date Posted||June 22, 2021|
|Address||6603 Femrite Dr|
Mallinckrodt is seeking a collaborative and results-oriented Senior Category Manager with expertise in a wide range direct categories expertise to work within our internal Global Procurement Team. The individual will collaborate with leadership, operations, quality, regulatory and other business areas to ensure that the Company’s suppliers meet and exceed business requirements and provide ongoing operational efficiency and cost savings to Mallinckrodt. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in all aspects of medical devices development and manufacturing needed to develop and execute sourcing strategies and supplier selection to support Mallinckrodt’s projected growth. Key aspects include but are not limited to driving savings, implementing supplier management metrics, achieving optimal pricing, quality and service levels. In this role, you will lead sourcing projects, including all key steps such as strategy development, supplier negotiation, award recommendations, business case presentations and supplier contract execution.
- Identify optimal cost/productivity improvement opportunities across designated categories, with a focus medical device manufacturing and related consumables;
- Lead sourcing projects, including all key steps such as strategy development, supplier negotiation, award recommendations, business case presentations and supplier contract execution in conjunction with support from the Procurement Center of Excellence and legal;
- Collaborate with product teams, commercial and science and technology function to develop senior level stakeholder relationships to achieve procurement and business goals;
- Promote corporate objectives and change initiatives, ensuring that the procurement team is supporting overall company direction and growth;
- Mentor Center of Excellence team on stakeholder and project management, with a special emphasis on collaboration, customer focus, delivery excellence, continuous improvement, negotiations and contracting;
- Lead the strategic development and execution of global sourcing strategies specific to medical devices, drug-device combinations, biologics, relevant device components, distribution and supporting other product lines (APIs, CMO, etc.) as needed;
- Drive overall category strategy, in support of a global approach, contributing to overall growth and delivery commitments with knowledge of US and international markets;
- Grow project team management skills, coaching team members in developing a robust streamlined supply base that maximizes value and minimizes operational risks.
Education / Experience / Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain, engineering or related field
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in consulting, sourcing/procurement/supply chain management function.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of procurement or delivery from the supplier side
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in medical device or med device combination therapies procurement or supply side required
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering or Supply Chain
- Project management experience in a corporate and/or professional services environment
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Well-developed, solution-oriented selling skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead formal strategic sourcing efforts related to designated categories
- Ability to act independently and can interface with internal stakeholders and suppliers via strong written and verbal communications skills
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a wide range of suppliers
- Ability to drive transformational change
- Solid multi-phase project management skills
- Strong ability to effectively manage in a matrix organizational structure working with multiple internal clients
- Exceptional track record of building relationships with stakeholders that has resulted in high customer satisfaction
This position will work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders within the operations function.
This position requires minimum travel of approximately 10-20% to multiple supplier locations or other Mallinckrodt sites per project requirements