|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||February 25, 2019|
|Address||502 S Rosa Rd|
Arrowhead is seeking a process development chemist to join our Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls group. The successful candidate will be tasked with developing and scaling methods for the manufacturing of oligonucleotides to support toxicological testing of investigational drug substances. S/He will be expected to:
- Conduct laboratory scale experiments to develop conditions for the manufacturing of oligonucleotides on the hundreds of grams scale.
- Work closely with our analytical scientists to monitor and understand the impact of process changes on the yield and impurity profile of developmental oligonucleotides.
- Prepare gram scale quantities of developmental candidates to support internal research.
- Transition laboratory experiments to larger scale equipment for the hands on manufacturing of oligonucleotides on the hundreds of grams scale following GLP protocols.
- Effectively document both laboratory and scale up activities.
- Track progress against project plans, generate regular status updates, and communicate progress and issues to management.
- Be creative and innovation in problem solving.
The successful candidate should have a Ph.D. with 0 to 3 years of experience or a B.S./M.S. degree with at least 5 years of experience in process/chemical development in the pharmaceutical industry. Working knowledge of common analytical techniques, including the ability to independently conduct the analyses and accurately interpret the obtained data. Experience manufacturing materials under GLP protocols.
Experience working with solid phase synthesis, particularly oligonucleotides and with large molecule drug candidates. Understanding of the drug development process and governing regulations. Experience with summarizing developmental activities for inclusion in the CMC sections of regulatory documents.
Arrowhead offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
All applicants must have authorization to work for Arrowhead in the U.S.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a letter that highlights your qualifications and matches our requirements.