|Date Posted||July 9, 2021|
|Address||2905 Parmenter Street|
LGC, Biosearch Technologies seeks a driven critical thinker to join our team in Middleton, WI, as a Senior R&D Project Manager. LGC, Biosearch Technologies uses expertise in oligonucleotide chemistries, sequencing and PCR to enable scientists and companies to feed, cure and protect the world’s population.
The project management team has an evolving remit which currently aims to manage and deliver R&D projects which provide complex systems (Systems, Hardware, Biochemistry and Software) to customers.
The Senior R&D Project Manager is responsible for driving execution of projects where the project team resources may span across multiple functional and geographic areas.
Areas of Responsibility:
The Senior Project Manager will lead the translation of project strategy into approved project plans and key deliverables of allocated projects on-time, within budget, to agreed quality standards and other stipulated criteria according to LGC Genomics’ project delivery approach. Lead
Working with global cross-functional project teams including members from R&D, operations, marketing and sales and potentially business stakeholders and external partners you will deliver the project in alignment with overarching strategy.
You will use appropriate project management tools, communication plans and risk management techniques to create rigor in project planning, monitoring, and execution for specified projects at all development stages enabling project delivery in line with time, financial and quality requirements. You will also enable project and portfolio-level reporting for the R&D Project Management Office. As part of this process, you will generate budgets for complex projects; challenge assumptions for time, costs and risk in order to optimise project delivery.
You will be expected to influence the project delivery approach across the site and devise, produce and implement systems and processes to optimise more effective project management within the framework set by the R&D Project Management Office.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient stakeholder management building and maintaining strong collaborative relationships internally, externally and across organisational boundaries
- The ability to influence individuals without having direct authority over them
- Excellent communication skills in order to engage with stakeholders at all levels of the business
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness in dealing with global customers, colleagues and suppliers
- Have an entrepreneurial approach to problem solving and project opportunities
- Ability to multitask and work to demanding and changing schedules and priorities
- Highly organized and able to work independently on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering or Scientific discipline
- A recognised project management qualification (e.g. PRINCE, PMI PMP)
- Minimum of 5 years' proven experience leading large, global, multi-discipline R&D or product development projects that include both business and technical resource, ideally within the pharmaceutical, AgBio life sciences or diagnostics arena
- Experience managing projects from initial inception through to delivery and benefits realisation, including cost/schedule performance, risk management and metrics reporting
- Experience advocating for project management practices in functional environments
- Product development experience with demonstrable knowledge of Quality Management Systems and experience ensuring compliance to ISO and Regulatory requirements
- Excellent IT skills (particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, MS Project, Sharepoint etc.) and experience with ERP systems e.g. IFS, SAP
- Successfully able to work independently on multiple tasks in a fast-paced changing environment
- Proficient stakeholder management building and maintaining strong collaborative relationships across organisational boundaries
- Ability to influence individuals without having direct authority over them
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to challenge existing thinking in a positive way. Ability to manage change and guide others through change
- Ability to use sophisticated analytical processes and independent judgement to identify innovative solutions to unique and complex problems with a broad impact across disciplines/functions. Lead others in own/other disciplines to solve complex problems.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Project Management: Microsoft Project, Smartsheet, ERP systems e.g. IFS, SAP
General: Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, and Excel, sharepoint, use of a web browser.
This role is currently based from home but may require work in an office-based environment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Safety/Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
Adhere to company safety policy and PPE policy.