|Date Posted||July 9, 2021|
|Address||3400 Millington Rd|
Leading to better encompasses all we do at Kerry, it's how we've become the worlds leading taste and nutrition company. Whether it's building and manufacturing sustainable solutions for food, beverage or pharmaceutical consumers, our commitment to lead the world to better nutrition drives us forward. With 24,000+ colleagues across the globe and 15,000+ Kerry products, your opportunities are limitless.
A career with Kerry Taste & Nutrition offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.
Where you'll work:
Our Beloit, WI location is home to our Corporate Headquarters for the North American Region. This location has approximately 700 employees at this location that in roles such as regulatory, RD&A, finance, procurement, supply chain and customer care. It is easily commutable from the Rockford, Madison, and Milwaukee areas. You'll enjoy your time inside and outside of the office as we offer a full cafeteria, fitness center, and beautiful walking paths around the campus. This location is involved and committed to giving back to the community multiple times throughout the year through our Kerry Employee Engagement Program volunteering with various organizations.
What you'll do:
The Research and Development (R&D) Associate Manager/Senior Director will lead new product research and development of clean label antimicrobials. The successful candidate will execute the technical strategy by leading a team of scientists, overseeing their responsibilities from ideation to commercialization, and ensuring the technologies are effectively transferred from pilot to manufacturing scale. The candidate will leverage their Food Safety knowledge along with the breadth of Kerry's Food Protection portfolio to address spoilage and food safety concerns across a wide array of food applications. The candidate will also be responsible for providing technical and scientific guidance on the process improvement initiatives of the Process Science Team based at the manufacturing location.
- You will provide technical direction and lead team of scientists to advance the Food Protection strategy.
- You will select, develop, motivate and empower staff to effectively fulfill their duties.
- Partner with business development, marketing, and finance to ensure R&D objectives are aligned with business requirements and evolving market conditions.
- Build relations with the broader Kerry R&D teams developing integrated solutions that combine functional ingredients into value added systems.
- Oversee technical investigations, formulation and process improvement initiatives of the Process Science team based at the manufacturing site. Provide clear technical and scientific guidance.
- Communicate benefits of the Food Protection technology internally and externally through clear and concise oral and written communications.
What you'll need to be successful:
- BS/MS/PHD in Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Food Science, or another related technical field preferred.
- Alternatively, 10+ years' experience (education and work combined) as a functional leader for a global food business or related industry.
- 5+ years of people management and building high performing teams.
- Must have a strong expertise of anti-microbials
- Experience with technical food ingredients