|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||August 29, 2019|
|Address||726 Heartland Trail|
Catalent hires people with a passion to make a difference to the health of millions of people globally. Your expertise, coupled with Catalent’s advanced technologies and collaboration with thousands of innovative pharmaceutical, biotech and healthcare companies, will help bring life-enhancing products to the people you know and love. Your talents, ideas and passion are essential to our mission; to develop, manufacture and supply products that help people live better, healthier lives. Interested in learning more about life at Catalent? Start here
The Senior Scientist, Downstream Process Development position is responsible for the development and implementation of downstream processing methodologies and analytical procedures that can be easily transferred to the cGMP Manufacturing Team. Additionally, the Downstream Process Development team supports other groups including Cell Line Development and Upstream Process Development.
This Senior Scientist, Downstream Process Development position will perform a variety of laboratory procedures in Downstream Process Development. The position will perform daily work assignments accurately and in a timely and safe manner. The position will serve as a lead for technical advice and perform multiple complex projects at a time. This position is capable of working independently and without direction on assigned tasks/projects. This position plans and conducts work requiring independent judgment in the evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation/modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria. This position designs new approaches to problems encountered and uses a wide application of complex principles, theories and concepts in the specific field. This position works on complex problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires in-depth evaluation of identifiable factors.
In concert with Catalent’s Patient First philosophy, Senior Scientist, Downstream Process Development position will play a key role in developing and leading robust and scalable protein purification processes to deliver preclinical material for client tox studies. These processes will then be transferred our cGMP manufacturing group and this position will support the team to ensure the successful production of pharmaceutical drugs for life saving clinical studies.
- Initiates, directs and executes scientific research for innovation and process improvements independently
- Acts as the technical lead for client development projects , communicates project status internally and externally, and effectively provides technical explanation/rationalization
- Researches and develops existing and new technologies/process improvements
- Critically analyzes complex data, interprets and integrates experimental results with project objectives
- Writes complex procedural SOPs, batch production records, and reports
- Accurately reviews batch records and other data, ensuring consistency
- Ph.D. in Biotechnology, or related field with at least 7 years of laboratory experience, preferably in an industrial setting
- MS in Biotechnology or related field with at least 10 years of industry laboratory experience
- B.S/B.A. in Biotechnology, or related field with at least 12 years of industry laboratory experience
Catalent’s standard leadership competencies that are used to interview and for Performance & Development
- Leads with Integrity and Respect
- Delivers Results
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
- Champions Change
- Engages and Inspires
- Coaches and Develops
- Fast tracked career growth, with annual performance review and feedback process
- Competitive base salary with other compensation incentives including yearly incentive plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K are all offered on day one of employment
- 19 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) + 7 paid holidays
- Onsite gym, Catalent corporate discount perks, paid volunteer time off program and other benefits too numerous to mention!
- Defined career path and annual performance review and feedback process