|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||March 19, 2021|
|Address||5520 Nobel Drive|
Stem Pharm, a startup company in Madison, WI, develops unique biomaterials for cell and tissue manufacturing. Our primary applications are 1) stem cell derived organoids for disease modeling, drug discovery, and toxicology, 2) hydrogel materials for cell manufacturing.
Job Title: Senior Scientist, Research and Development (stem cells, drug development, toxicology)
Job Summary: Research and Development Scientist position to execute on projects advancing our biomaterials and cellular models, particularly in the areas of neuroscience and neural disease modeling, drug discovery and toxicology. Must be innovative, self-motivated, have strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in areas of biomaterials, stem cells, neuroscience, bioanalytical methods, bioinformatics, and toxicology.
- Develop project plans and manage project timelines.
- Design and carry out experimental plans.
- Work at the laboratory bench and in an office environment.
- Supervise and mentor scientific staff and interns.
- Document research and development activities according to standard company practices.
- Stay current on scientific developments in areas of focus.
- Contribute to the preparation and/or evaluation of intellectual property.
- Prepare scientific data for presentations at internal and external meetings.
- Principle Investigator or Co-Investigator on grants; write grants and progress and project reports.
- Generate and review internal technical literature, patents, journal articles, and procedural documents.
- Manage project budgets.
- Participate in business development and collaboration activities.
- Limited travel may be required to execute on collaborative projects and attend conferences.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office software suite and scientific data analysis software.
- Working knowledge of statistics, image analysis and design of experiments methodologies.
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
- Support equipment care and maintenance.
- Some weekend work may be required for maintenance of cell cultures.
MS degree with 4-8 years experience in industrial environment or PhD degree in a scientific discipline with 3-6 years post-graduate experience, preferably in an industry R&D environment.
- Two years of prior experience in industrial research setting.
- Laboratory experience with stem cell culture, iPSC differentiation, developing cell-based assays, general molecular methods, immunofluorescence, next-gen sequencing.
- Experience with bioinformatics and handling large data sets.
- Experience in toxicology (drugs, industrial chemicals).
- Working knowledge of quality systems, regulatory requirements, project management, design of experiments methodology, drug development and screening process and toxicity testing.
- Experience in drafting peer-reviewed manuscripts and grant applications.
- Experience in product development and commercialization.
- Ability to work at lab bench, biosafety cabinet or fume hood for extended period under BSL II conditions.
- Ability to work with human and animal-derived cell populations.
- Ability to wear standard laboratory protective gear (gloves, lab coat, safety glasses, etc.).
Stem Pharm is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Apply at [email protected]