|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||May 8, 2020|
|Address||5520 Nobel Drive, Suite 100|
Job Title: Senior Scientist, Research and Development
Job Summary: Research and Development Scientist position to execute on projects advancing our biomaterials and cellular models, particularly in the areas of neuroscience and neural disease modeling and drug discovery. Must be innovative, self-motivated, have strong written and verbal communication skills with a strong background in biomaterials, stem cell culture techniques, and neuroscience. Experience with sequencing (transcriptional analysis) and bioinformatics desired.
- Develop project plans and manage project timelines.
- Design and carry out experimental plans.
- Work at the laboratory bench and in an office environment.
- Supervise and mentor scientific staff and interns.
- Document research and development activities according to standard company practices.
- Stay current on scientific developments in areas of focus.
- Contribute to the preparation and/or evaluation of intellectual property.
- Prepare scientific data for presentations at internal and external meetings.
- Principle Investigator or Co-Principle Investigator on grants; write grants and progress and project reports.
- Generate and review internal technical literature, patents, journal articles, and procedural documents.
- Manage project budgets.
- Participate in business development and collaboration activities.
- Limited travel may be required to execute on collaborative projects and attend conferences.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office software suite and scientific graphing software.
- Working knowledge of statistics, image analysis and design of experiments methodologies.
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
- Support equipment care and maintenance.
- Some weekend work may be required for maintenance of cell cultures.
MS degree with supervisory experience and 6-8 years experience in industrial environment or PhD degree in a scientific discipline with 3-6 years post-graduate experience, preferably in an industry R&D environment.
- Two years of prior experience in industrial research setting.
- Working knowledge of quality systems, regulatory requirements, project management, design of experiments methodology, drug development and screening process and toxicity testing.
- Laboratory experience developing cell-based assays, iPSC differentiation, general molecular methods including transfection, immunofluorescence, fluorescent biosensors, sequencing.
- Experience with bioinformatics and handling large data sets.
- Experience in drafting peer-reviewed manuscripts and grant applications.
- Experience in product development and commercialization.
- Ability to work at lab bench, biosafety cabinet or fume hood for extended period under BSL II conditions.
- Ability to work with human and animal-derived cell populations.
- Ability to wear standard laboratory protective gear (gloves, lab coat, safety glasses, etc.).
Stem Pharm is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.