|Date Posted||August 11, 2020|
|Address||525 Verona Rd|
Location/Division Specific Information:
As part of the Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Madison, WI site, you’ll be part of a team that creates and delivers software products that enable our customers to use spectroscopic instruments and information to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
How will you make an impact?
As part of Thermo Fisher Scientific you will develop and grow our software staff and teams to support our digital science vision. You will provide career coaching to software staff and agile coaching to teams and team members. You will break down barriers for agile teams and assist them in collaborating with other groups to achieve our digital science vision.
What will you do?
• Provide direct supervision and coaching to software team members to support their career growth
• Support agile teams in collaboration, problem solving, decision-making and removing barriers so that teams can deliver high quality, innovative software on time.
• Develop and sustain relationships with vendors and joint development partners that support and accelerate the team’s product development activities
How will you get here?
• Bachelor’s degree in software development, science or related field required
• 7+ years in software development
• 3+ years in a manager role
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Facilitative leader who can grow and empower team members and Agile teams
• Ability to lead with and without direct authority
• Ability to use data and metrics to identify and solve problems and drive continuous improvement
• Interest in science and ability to learn basic scientific principles
• Desire and ability to work on an R&D team that is a multi-disciplinary product development team
• Highly motivated team player with a strong desire for continuous learning and broadening knowledge base
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Interested candidates are invited to apply at https://jobs.thermofisher.com/global/en/job/123947BR?+refId=564l98&refId=m38dg4