|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||October 14, 2019|
|Address||2800 Woods Hollow Rd|
At Terso, we strive to be pioneers in RFID technology and provide the perfect inventory management solution for our customers. This requires an incredible team comprised of individuals whose talents are unmatched and who all aim to achieve astounding things.
What we do is important, but who we are is essential.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic team as a Software Quality Assurance Engineer
JOB OBJECTIVE: This role is primarily responsible for quality, change control, build and release standards and processes for software products that utilitze RFID.
1. Proficiently develop, execute and document product validation tests.
2. Define, enforce and communicate quality standards and processes including test-driven development and peer reviews.
3. Define, enforce and communicate change control standards and processes including customer SLA requirements.
4. Define, enforce, communicate and execute build, deployment and release standards and processes.
5. Develop, maintain, control and execute processes and systems used to release new product.
6. Actively participate in the Kanban software development process as a team member:
- Coach and support Product Owners in user story writing and test case specification
- Be the team’s “specializing generalist” in Quality Assurance
- Define work items and estimate time needed for Iterations
- Report daily activity electronically and at the daily standup meetings
7. Present status, plans, findings and recommendations to team, management and company.
8. Resolve critical issues and satisfy service level agreement objectives by working with cross functional business areas and external customers.
9. Support customer test and documentation activities.
10. Author and review user and technical guides for internal staff and external customers.
11. Understand and comply with all departmental and company values, processes and standards.
12. Present product concepts to customers.
13. Understand and comply with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Support other cross functional business areas by providing input and analysis related to position.
2. Less than 10% travel.
3. Provide support for disaster recovery emergencies.
4. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to work in a fast-paced small 2 to 7 person self-governed team with frequent changes in priorities and assignments.
2. Bachelor’s degree or related work experience
3. Demonstrable experience and proficiency to create applicable unit tests in a managed, object oriented language such as jUnit or Visual Studio Unit Testing Framework.
4. Demonstrable experience and proficiency to create firmware and software test harnesses for equipment/software under test.
5. Demonstrable experience and proficiency developing and supporting test systems using C#.
6. Familiarity with Microsoft Windows Server environment.
7. Familiarity with Amazon Web Services.
8. Expertise with automated versioning, build, and deployment scripting languages, frameworks, and tools.
9. Change agent with demonstrable work experience.
10. Growth minded individual who seeks to continue improvement of their skills and are interested in sharing their expertise with others.
1. Familiarity with Software Quality Assurance practices in addition to testing including reviews, inspections and software quality metrics.
2. Familiarity with one or more defect tracking tools.
3. Demonstrated effectiveness in improving the quality of existing software through defect analysis, refactoring, and correct identification of defect-prone modules.
4. Familiarity with C++, Java, PHP, or Python.
5. Familiarity with Microsoft Azure.
6. Familiarity with Linux and related software development tools.
7. Familiarity with Atlasian suite, including Jira, Crucibal/Fisheye, or Bamboo
8. Familiarity with RFID.
1. Ability to work with telephone and computer equipment.