|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||June 25, 2019|
|Address||5602 Research Park Blvd Suite 200|
We are seeking a talented, driven, and experienced individual that can drive the biophysical characterization of protein and enzyme samples. The individual must have a firm grasp of the thermodynamic basis of protein stability and fundamental insight into mechanisms of enzymatic activity. Using this knowledge, the individual will be able to effectively create novel assays to assess the activity of proteins and enzymes. The individual will also be responsible for performing independent development-based research activities from concept through execution of the studies for the proteins, enzymes and molecular biology products made at the Madison, Wisconsin, facility.
- Responsible for:
- Biophysical characterization of enzymes using techniques including DSC, ITC, DSF, CD, DLS, FTIR, CE and MS
- Generation of engineering reports summarizing characterization data of assays and enzymes
- Independent project management of planning for development based activities
- Perform investigations to rapidly and effectively establish shelf life of enzymes and stock solutions
- Root cause analysis investigations of protein and enzyme related issues using a variety of different biophysical techniques, including, but not limited to: fluorescence intensity, FRET, TR-FRET, fluorescence polarization, colorimetric, HPLC, NGS etc.
- Development based activities of biochemical mechanisms of proteins and enzymes
- Mentoring junior members of the team
- Identify critical to quality attributes of enzyme solutions in relation to the their functional use
- As needed, participate in interdisciplinary teams to rapidly diagnose possible field related issues in relation to materials manufactured by Illumina
- Other duties as determined by management.
- A background in protein characterization designing and executing biomolecular assays. A background in enzymology, especially of DNA and RNA modifying enzymes, is considered a plus.
- Experience with and/or knowledge of GMP, ISO 13485, FDA 21 CFR 820, 210, 211
- Project management experience is considered a plus
- Excellent familiarity with standard biochemical and enzymology techniques, and proficient with the analysis and interpretation of scientific data.
- Excellent laboratory, organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- 3-5 or more years of experience in biotechnology or biological research.
- High level of technical proficiency, initiative, and independent thought.
- Able to work collaboratively in a multi-disciplined team responsible for assay development and product QC activities.
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills.
M.S., or Ph.D. in biochemistry, biochemical engineering or related field.