|Date Posted||November 4, 2020|
|Address||525 Verona Rd|
As a member of the SelectScreen™ Biochemical Screening Services team, this position will assist a team performing high-throughput screening using a variety of biochemical assay technologies to characterize new chemical entities for our drug discovery clients. This position will work as part of a team, performing basic laboratory support functions and following detailed laboratory protocols. Candidate must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Experience with HTS, fluorescence-based assays, liquid handling automation, and LIMS are desirable but not required.
• Work as part of a team to run daily screening projects with good consistency and strong attention to detail.
• Perform daily tasks such as laboratory setup, preparing buffers, cleaning lab ware, and re-stocking of laboratory supplies.
• Work with micropipettes and electronic multi-channel micropipettes to transfer reagents as described in detailed work instructions.
• Work with common laboratory liquid handling automation.
• Perform non-laboratory tasks such as paperwork, filing, inventory management, and moving of equipment.
• Demonstrate a strong sense of urgency, responding to changing priorities when necessary.
•Maintain good communication with the team and Supervisor to ensure alignment on priorities.
• Function as part of a High Performance Work Team where issues and concerns are openly discussed, accountability is assigned, and issues are resolved by team members.
• Comply with all company safety regulations and procedures. Participate in all required trainings, completing assigned trainings on time.
• May require sitting at the bench or standing for long periods of time in the laboratory (4-6 hours) to conduct and complete projects.
• May be required to lift, bend, and push objects up to 40 lbs.
• Perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Nature and Scope:
Perform duties in collaboration and in alignment with colleagues and Supervisor in order to effectively execute screening projects and support the team. Understand the importance of the position toward Company's objectives. Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position. Mistakes in work could cause substantial data errors impacting customers.
Works in a laboratory environment involving pipetting and automation, a warehouse environment, and a desk environment involving computer based training and communication.
• Proven history of reliability in a professional environment is required.
• Strong verbal communication skills are necessary.
• Proven history of success as part of a team is required.
• The individual should have a keen sense of urgency to get the job done, good lab hands, and be flexible to rapid changes in priorities.
• Experience in a life sciences laboratory preferred.
Educational background in Biology, Chemistry, or Biochemistry is preferred.
References will be required.