|Date Posted||February 10, 2021|
|Address||525 Science Drive|
FUJIFILM Cellular Dynamics is a leading developer and supplier of human cells used in drug discovery, toxicity testing, stem cell banking, and cell therapy development. We partner with innovators from around the world to combine biologically relevant human cells with the newest technologies to drive advancements in medicine and healthier living. Our technology can be used to create induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) from anyone and followed by the powerful capability to develop into virtually any cell type in the human body. Our proprietary manufacturing system result in inventoried iCell® products and donor-specific MyCell® Products in the quantity, quality, purity, and reproducibility required for drug and cell therapy development
FUJIFILM Cellular Dynamics, Inc in Madison, WI is recruiting for a Sr. Project Manager to provide project management leadership across our life science research and development products and therapeutic programs. Successful candidates will have a strong basis of experience and demonstrated project management success, along with the desire to be inspired to support the development of iPSC-based life science products and tools, and therapeutics programs. We aspire to improve the quality of life for patients through our efforts. In return we provide development and support to enhance your career.
In this role you will plan, lead, and coordinate project activities to support the operational success of life science research and development projects, and therapeutic programs. You will work within and across cross-functional teams of research and development, product management, operations management, quality, and support function professionals with the goal of advancing research, business, and operations tools and products. Ownership is critical, as you develop project plans and timelines to ensure overall goals are accomplished in alignment with business objectives providing insights to management and stakeholders, while addressing impediments to success, facilitating course corrections where required.
Essential Job Functions
- Plan and coordinate multiple cross-functional projects from feasibility to delivery, creating project schedules to facilitate communication and decision-making management tools.
- Organize and lead project meetings, including recording meeting minutes, tracking key decisions and action items, preparing meeting agendas, coordinating external and internal team activities and disseminating project information.
- Consult with project sponsors and review project proposals to determine goals, time frame, funding, allotment of resources and procedures for accomplishing projects.
- Coordinate regular management updates.
- Lead cross-functional teams to execute on project tasks to include effective creation and management of timelines, project deliverables, milestones, required tasks, budgets, resources, risks and project objectives.
- Establish, track and manage project schedule/critical path activities, status reporting, and resource plan development to ensure projects are completed on time, on-schedule and within budget
- Coordinate commitment to project scope and timelines from the project leaders, teams, relevant stakeholders, and external partners.
- Develop, train and provide guidance in project management to staff as required.
- Ensure team members understand project objectives, specifications, deliverables, timelines and tasks through ongoing clear, concise communication managing project interdependencies.
- Identify and facilitate solutions to problems, bottle necks, deviations, risks and changes that could lead to planning conflicts, project delays or cost changes
- Present status reports on project activities, timelines and deviations to management and stakeholders, identifying and escalating issues when critical risks arise to identify course correction and ensure progress.
- Follow established project management practices, including management of scope, requirements, issues, and risks.
- Manage project budgets.
- Ensure project compliance with Quality Management System, and regulatory practices and requirements.
- Other job functions as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, life science, information technology or related field
- 4 years of broad-based project management experience to include tracking and reporting responsibilities, with demonstrated achievements and progressive responsibilities ideally within a life science environment and/or supporting clinical studies
- PMI or similar certification a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing multiple projects, and changing priorities to meet timelines and budgets
- Demonstrated proficiency to balance cost, quality and schedule constraints while escalating issues as needed
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and balance multiple competing priorities within and across multiple projects at the same time.
- Demonstrated and effective communications/presentations, influence, outcomes, facilitation, and teamwork skills
- Success working in a cross-functional environment with competing priorities while driving for successful outcomes
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Project, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Occasional travel - may be overnight <10%
- Able to work at computer for extended periods of time