|Date Posted||June 2, 2021|
|Address||525 Verona Rd|
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
- A focal point for site-level Product/Process/Compliance and Quality improvements.
- Should be comfortable working within a small factory environment, dealing with complex, high-tech products.
What will you do?
Key responsibilities include,
- Support ISO and other certification activities
- Support Operations to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality and environmental health and safety management system.
- Analyze non-conformance trends to select improvement priorities and evaluate the effectiveness of corrective actions.
- Conduct internal audits including product inspections. Determine, execute proper corrective actions. Validate their effectiveness and efficiency.
- Train and mentor various teams on quality tools (8D, FMEA as examples)
- Respond to quality issues and actions to requests from Service, Sales, and Customers
- Assist site team in establishing, implementing, and maintaining standard operating procedures.
- Create and maintain process/ product documentation such as manuals, quality procedures, etc.
- Lead projects using effective project management skills.
How will you get here?
Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline such as Quality, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering or any other related discipline highly preferred or equivalent experience.
- 5 yrs. or more experience in Semi-conductor / Technology/ Manufacturing Industry
- Quality certification expertise (e.g. Six-Sigma, ISO, Lean) preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of improvement methodologies (e.g. Lean, 6-sigma), auditing experience (leading internal or supplier audits), and statistical methods.
- Exposure to ISO 9001 or similar quality standards
- Have knowledge about Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management processes for complex high tech, low volume systems
- Demonstrated results in improving quality in manufacturing or development processes
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects from inception to completion.
- Solid data analysis skills that may involve multiple factors and cross-functional areas.
- Must demonstrate good communications skills and be able to work effectively with cross-functional teams on projects including international and multicultural teams and suppliers and customers.
- Able to adjust working times to accommodate communications with other facilities, suppliers, and locations globally
- Must be willing to travel up to 25%.