|Date Posted||April 28, 2021|
|Address||2800 Woods Hollow Rd|
Promega is an international bio-tech company with over 4000 high quality products that have been supporting science for over 40 years. We support scientists researching life and disease, pharma companies developing new treatments, forensic labs matching DNA from crime scenes and clinical labs running and confirming health tests - and that’s just the beginning. And yes, we have been extremely busy providing our technologies to support COVID-19 testing and research.
We strive to create an open, inviting and inclusive culture – we care about you as a person, not just a team member. We embrace the principles of emotional and social intelligence – which helps our employees improve relationships, manage stress and enhance connections. Establishing and maintaining relationships is part of the foundation of our culture - teams are more like family than co-workers.
Our campus speaks volumes. Headquartered in Madison, employees work in and around a campus with multiple buildings that are integrated into a natural setting with trails, ponds, woods and a restored prairie. Sustainability is important – we invest in energy efficiency and use renewable energy. Our culinary team offers top notch food to employees – including an onsite garden to supply fresh produce. Check out our campus through this map, and learn more about our people and sustainable practices.
We are a small but growing team of protein engineers using molecular evolution to create new enzymes and substrates to serve the needs of basic research as well as diagnostics and other applied markets. We work collaboratively as a team across multiple ongoing projects, but at the same time foster a culture where individuals can thrive on leading parts of projects or entire projects with a high degree of independence.
As part of our Protein Engineering team, you will enjoy working with other scientists who have expertise and passion for evolving enzymes to do amazing things. In support of this you will have access to state-of-the art methodologies and automation equipment. You will be expected to partner with others on the team to help projects advance, but you will also be given the opportunity to develop into a scientist capable of working with a high degree of independence.
You are a confident and experienced bench scientist with a Ph.D. in the field of biological science and with some experience in engineering enzymes using molecular evolution techniques. You are a good communicator and enjoy working with others.
1. Primary author for contributions to internal technical literature, abstracts, patents or journal articles.
2. Contribute to preparation or evaluation of patents.
3. Communicate problems, ideas and suggestions to appropriate person or group.
4. Direct others on a designated project.
5. Independently develop project plans and manage project timelines.
6. Recognized as scientific expert in multiple areas of specialization and provide scientific leadership.
7. Ability to suggest novel and innovative approaches.
8. Work at bench.
9. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. BS degree in a scientific discipline with 12+ years post graduate experience.
2. MS degree in a scientific discipline with 6+ years post graduate experience.
3. PhD degree in a scientific discipline with 0-3 years post graduate experience preferably in an industrial research and/or development environment.
1. Ability to work at lab bench or fume hood for extended period of time.
2. Ability to wear protection gear (gloves, lab coat, safety glasses, etc.).
3. Ability to operate a computer.