|Date Posted||April 9, 2021|
|Address||525 Science Drive|
FUJIFILM Cellular Dynamics, Inc in Madison, WI is recruiting for a Senior Scientist to join our induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) Platform group. This position requires a self-motivated individual with experience in cell biology and molecular biology, who can contribute to our ongoing efforts to expand our core technology platform. Qualified individuals need to be inspired to support the development of therapeutics and/or life science products and tools to support research endeavors.
In this role you will design genome engineering strategies along with implementing those strategies within iPSCs. You will also support the development of complex functional life science and therapeutic products used to support research and development initiatives of FCDI programs and customers.
Essential Job Functions
- Work directly with project leads and business development function to develop human iPSC genetic engineering strategies for internal programs, R&D custom projects, and therapeutic clients.
- Interact directly with clients regarding custom engineering projects.
- Effectively communicate experimental results to the project team. Prepare summaries of experiments in the form of presentations and technical reports.
- Design and execute on experimental plans to achieve project goals within a given time constraint.
- Utilize standard genome engineering methods (CRISPR, TALEN, piggyBac), sub-cloning techniques, and expansion methods to develop new iPSC banks.
- Develop and follow standard operating procedures and current best practices to gather an analyze data.
- Maintain complete and accurate records.
- Write protocols, technical reports, SOPs, and develop appropriate documentation for processes.
- Optimize iPSC group protocols and assays to support the continued iPSC platform development.
- Participate in technology transfer of processes to the non-cGMP or cGMP manufacturing groups.
- Other job functions as assigned.
- PhD in stem cell biology, molecular biology, a closely related field.
- 3 years of additional and relevant experience with genomic engineering in the pharmaceutical industry or with a CRO supporting drug research and development, with demonstrated achievements and progressive responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a cross-functional, matrix-style organization.
- Demonstrated capabilities in human cell culture, with a preference in maintaining and expanding iPSCs.
- Demonstrated proficiency with standard laboratory practices, flow cytometry, and molecular biology methods.
- Demonstrated work ethic, initiative, the ability to multi-task, and intellectual curiosity to gain new technical skills.
- Proficient in written and oral communication, as well as the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility to change project objectives quickly and enthusiastically.
- Some evening and/or weekend work is required.
- Able to work at computer for extended periods of time.
- Able to work in laboratory hood for extended periods of time.
- Able to work with hazardous materials (i.e. chemicals, electrical equipment, and human tissue) without endangering oneself or others. Training will be required.
- Able to wear standard laboratory PPE.