|Date Posted||August 12, 2020|
|Address||3301 Kinsman Blvd|
Study Technician Pathology - Great Opportunity for 2020 Grads!
Are you interested in Histology? Necropsy? Pathology? Do you have dissection experience? We are seeking talented science majors in the fields of Biology, Physiology, Animal Science, Zoology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Microbiology, Immunology and similar majors to work as a Study Technician (Research Assistant) in Madison, WI.
In this role, you will perform basic necropsy or histology tasks on a variety of laboratory animals in compliance with the appropriate Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs) and regulatory guidelines. You will also monitor animal health and welfare in compliance with the Animal Health and Welfare Act and help maintain facilities for Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care (AAALAC) compliance. Our mission is to improve lives and bring new medicines to market.
Hourly Rate: $18.00
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Trim wet tissues.
- Embed tissues into paraffin.
- Tissue staining techniques.
- Performs basic duties of necropsy and/ or basic duties of histology.
- Report all animal care concerns and become involved in the resolution and appropriate corrective action, when necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in Life Sciences, or Associate Degree in Histology, Laboratory Animals Technology or Veterinary Technology; experience may substitute for education.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates teamwork and leadership skills.
- Data documentation and QC (Quality Control) skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- No professional experience required.