|Date Posted||May 13, 2021|
|Address||645 Science Drive|
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At MilliporeSigma, the Quality Control Supervisor will provide direct management and development of the department that is primarily responsible for testing and timely release of in-process, intermediate, final products. Other areas of responsibility may include, raw materials, method validation / qualification, and stability testing associated with cGMP manufacturing.
- Provide leadership and organize departmental staff to meet deadlines without compromising quality.
- Demonstrate an understanding of analytical chemistry and laboratory procedures.
- Ensure appropriate technical training is provided for QC personnel.
- Perform routine and non-routine tests.
- Operate analytical instrumentation, with working knowledge of spectral and chromatographic interpretation and troubleshooting.
- Schedule and coordinate daily workload for laboratory analysts ensuring efficient use of resources with minimum product turnaround times.
- Work in accordance with current GMPs and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrate proper laboratory safety and housekeeping practices.
- Use department resources efficiently and works within departmental budget.
- Identify areas for improvement and take action to undertake them through leadership and delegation to other members of the department.
Who You Are:
- Bachelors Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related life science discipline
- 3+ years of quality experience in an active pharmaceutical ingredient, pharmaceutical, or related cGMP production environment
- 2+ years management, supervisory, and or lead experience
- Ability to act in a position of leadership and work in analytical testing labs with hazardous/toxic chemicals.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices for pharmaceutical manufacturing (21 CFR 210 & 211) and/or Q7A Good Manufacturing Practice Guidance for API’s
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of organic analytical chemistry