|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||February 25, 2019|
|Address||502 S Rosa Rd|
Arrowhead is seeking a highly motivated, industry experienced scientist/senior scientist to join its process development group within the Chemistry Department. S/He will be expected to:
- Design and synthesize novel compounds for biological testing, and/or develop conditions for the preparation and isolation/purification of novel investigational compounds.
- Drive structure-activity relationship optimization to achieve project goal
- Characterization and identification of compounds using modern analytical methods including HPLC, LCMS and NMR.
- Present research findings to project teams and governance bodies and prepare technical reports
- Maintain a high level of productivity in the lab and perform experiments
- Be creative and innovative in problem solving.
The successful candidate should have a B.S. or M.S. degree with at least 5 years of experience in in the pharmaceutical or related industry, or PhD in synthetic organic chemistry.
- Working knowledge of common analytical techniques, including the ability to independently conduct the analyses and accurately interpret the obtained data.
- Demonstrated track record of innovative scientific publications in high-profile journals or patents
- Superior laboratory skills and attention to laboratory safety
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in chemical biology is a plus.
Experience working with the design and execution of multistep synthetic routes. Understanding of the drug development process.
Arrowhead offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package
All applicants must have authorization to work for Arrowhead in the U.S.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a letter that highlights your qualifications and matches our requirements.
Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals is a clinical stage, Nasdaq listed (ticker ARWR) company developing medicines that treat intractable diseases by silencing the genes that cause them. Using a broad portfolio of RNA chemistries and efficient modes of delivery, our therapies trigger the RNA interference mechanism to induce rapid, deep and durable knockdown of target genes. RNA interference, or RNAi, is a mechanism present in living cells that inhibits the expression of a specified gene, thereby affecting the production of a specific protein. Our RNAi-based therapeutics are at the leading edge with the potential to bring life changing treatments for patients.
Our Targeted RNAi Molecule (TRiMTM) platform utilizes ligand-mediated delivery and is designed to enable tissue-specific targeting while being structurally simple. The TRiM platform builds on more than a decade of work on targeted RNA delivery and offers several advantages including simplified manufacturing and reduced costs; multiple routes of administration; and potential for improved safety.
Our employees are nimble, science-driven, innovative professionals. A career at Arrowhead offers the opportunity to collaborate with top notch scientists to rapidly discover and develop RNAi-based therapeutics in a variety of indications to add to our growing pipeline. Research and development activities are located in Madison, WI. Our R&D group includes fully-integrated capabilities for chemistry, biology, toxicology and manufacturing.
Madison is an exciting and sophisticated city that includes state government, the flagship campus of the University of Wisconsin, and major research organizations.