|Date Posted||May 25, 2021|
|Address||645 Science Drive|
As a Metrology Technician 2 at MilliporeSigma, you will calibrate equipment and instruments used in cGMP manufacturing, perform calibrations to production and laboratory equipment as well as instrumentation and assist in general laboratory duties as assigned.
- Calibrate equipment including those measuring temperature, pressure, rotational speed, mass, flow, TOC, conductivity, and humidity.
- Ensure that all documentation, including department specific SOPs, calibration records, change controls, deviations and CAPA are created and maintained to GMP standards.
- Ensure that all activities are performed in accordance with safety, quality, cGMP and applicable regulatory requirements
- Coordinate calibration activities with laboratory and manufacturing departments and ensure timely communication to impacted departments in order to meet metrology task deadlines without compromising safety or quality.
- Maintain calibration reference materials, standards, and equipment.
- Enter data into SAP PM for electronic tracking of instrument calibration.
- Conduct monthly balance/scale verifications for the facility.
- Assist site management with identification of third party service providers when needed and Quality Assurance with vendor qualification activities.
- Identify the need for procedures as new equipment is acquired.
- Initiate or support equipment non-conformance investigations and reports for equipment found out of tolerance.
- Troubleshoot and repair low voltage electrical equipment.
- Install and start-up new instruments or technology that provides process improvement to the metrology program.
- Act as subject matter expert for various systems utilized throughout the facility including Monarch, Omega, and Yokogawa electronic data recorders; Rees environmental monitoring system; and Automated Logic WebCTRL Building Automation System.
- Initiate and drive process improvements to assure timely and compliant results.
- Evaluate testing equipment standards and equipment being tested for reliability, provide guidance on equipment that needs to be replaced or upgraded
- Lift 50 lbs
- Work near moving mechanical parts, outdoor weather conditions, sources of electrical shock, vibrations, fumes, airborne particles and hazardous chemicals
- Wear appropriate PPE which may include respiratory protection
Who You Are:
- Associates degree in electronics, computers, or life sciences industry
- High School Diploma and 8+ years of experience in the Electronics industry
- 4+ years of metrology and electrical experience
- Active Driver’s License
- Self-motivated and rarely requires guidance from other personnel in the measurements they are proficient
- Knowledge in electrical and schematic reading
- Computer Science training
- Previous cGMP documentation and/or calibration experience