|Date Posted||June 2, 2021|
|Address||525 Verona Rd|
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer and COVID-19, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Technical Application Specialist is part of the Life Sciences Solutions Group (LSG) which is one of six groups within Thermo Fisher Scientific and is an important part of the company’s total value proposition. With an innovative and broad life sciences portfolio, a strong presence at bench, best-in-class web and e-commerce channels, industry-leading on-site supply center coverage and one of the most technically experienced sales and support teams, LSG brings incredible core strength to the broader company.
This position can be located in one of the following locations:
- Carlsbad, CA
- Rockford, IL
- Grand Island, NY
- Eugene, OR
This position does not offer relocation.
How will you make an impact?
The Technical Applications Specialist is responsible for providing remote pre and post sales technical support of Thermo Fisher Scientific products to customers and field personnel, as well as relaying customer feedback to the organization.
What will you do?
- Provide technical support for Thermo Fisher Scientific protein biology product lines and services by answering customer technical inquiries. Inquiries may be received via telephone, email or web chat.
- Provide customer support on technical issues by utilizing all available resources, and escalate issues or problems when warranted.
- Participate in frequent training on products and continuing education on new applications and technologies to remain at the cutting edge of scientific knowledge.
- Accurately record pertinent information from customer contacts in Customer Relationship Management system.
- Summarize trends and technology as technical tips, FAQ’s and troubleshooting guides.
- Recommend changes to knowledge databases, website, and other company-managed databases of technical information.
- Present technical updates to colleagues and contribute to department meetings.
- May present technical and product information at trade shows and in customer field visits.
- Participate in additional special team or individual projects.
- May be required to perform other related duties as opportunities arise.
- Some travel may be required for the position
How will you get here?
- Minimum Qualifications: B.S., B.A. or M.S. in life sciences or chemistry or a similar field.
- Preferred Qualifications: PhD. or a PhD. with post-doctoral experience.
- 3+ years of laboratory experience in protein biology techniques or demonstrated equivalency of knowledge. Experience in protein analysis techniques (Western Blot, Mass Spectrometry, Cross-linking) is most applicable.
- Prior experience in customer service a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Proven ability to quickly learn large amounts of new, complex technical information
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, to customers and colleagues
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Problem-solving ability
- Computer literacy, including spreadsheet, database, word processing and Internet applications
- Fluency in European languages (Germany, French, Spanish or Italian) preferred.