|Date Posted||October 2, 2020|
|Address||2905 Parmenter Street|
LGC, Biosearch Technologies is looking for a customer-focused and technically knowledgeable team player to join its technical support team in Middleton, WI. The Technical Support & Application Scientist will learn and provide technical support (verbal and written) to customers (both internal and external) on the Company’s products and related applications. This individual will be responsible for communicating customer feedback to R&D, marketing, and product development teams. Additionally, the Application Scientist will identify, plan, and execute experiments to support current and novel applications for the Company’s products.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide expert technical troubleshooting solutions to customers in multiple stages of the sales cycle (evaluation, validation, or post-sale); support methods include telephone, e-mail, fax, or visits to customer labs
- Comply with the Company’s quality system and regulatory requirements associated with customer support and complaint handling; ensure completeness and accuracy (quality) of contact and product logging in the complaint handling system
- Perform laboratory work to identify root cause of customer technical issue, prepare for workshop or training, evaluate a new Lucigen product or application, or evaluate a competitor’s product
- Review marketing material for technical accuracy, including user’s manuals, product brochures, communication to customers, and other technical documents as they occur
- Monitor and report on competitor activities, technical developments, and trends
- Serve as a resource to the product development, marketing, and sales teams, as assigned by supervisor
- Understand and comply with ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements applicable to our business
- Produce and help maintain an archive of customer-facing material including but not limited to: application notes, white-papers, posters, marketing content for videos and presentations
- Represent the Company at conferences, shows, workshops and seminars domestically or internationally, as necessary
- Support field-marketing activities such as workshops, focus groups and beta test programs to gain customer feedback
- Conscientiously learn requirements of the ISO 13485 quality management system and diligently follow the terms of a quality contract, which describes the relevance and importance of the employee’s work to the achievement of LGC-Lucigen’s quality objectives
- Other duties as assigned
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. However, the position does require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
The position does require occasional weekend and/or evening work and an ability to travel up to 25% of time, dependent on customer opportunities. Travel out of the area typically involves overnight stays.
- Bachelor’s degree in a life sciences-related discipline, with a master’s or doctorate degree in related field preferred
- Technical competency to understand and to clearly discuss fundamental theory and principles of experimental design, techniques and results; to stay current in technical knowledge; to troubleshoot and to provide information back to the customer in a helpful, courteous, positive and professional manner
- Minimum of 3 years' lab experience with proven knowledge and understanding of molecular biology, cell biology, and related fields; previous experience working with customers in technical services position preferred
- Understanding of genomics, proteomics, and molecular biology products in general, with a strong focus and knowledge in next generation sequencing technology preferred
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated strong presentation skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and with other team members in a cooperative and consultative manner
- Well organized, able to multi-task as needed, and flexible in accommodating customer needs
- Aptitude to work in a complex and rapidly growing company
- Results-oriented ensuring targets are met on time and on budget
- Must be highly accurate and detail-oriented
- Experience working with information technology including database software