|Date Posted||February 24, 2021|
|Address||525 Verona Rd|
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
An Associate Degree in Electronics or Mechanical related field is preferred.
In lieu of a degree, a High School diploma or GED with at least 5 years of manufacturing experience in a technical field with some related course work will be considered.
Job will consist of manufacturing of world industry leading Nicolet™ FT-IR spectrometers and Microscopes along with accessories all used for various applications such as academic research, quality control, medical and industrial settings. Typical work includes assembly, optical alignment, use of diagnostic tools and instrument performance validation through use of various software applications. Work is performed in a clean environment with little to no machine noise while wearing a lab coat and following ESD protocols.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Previous manufacturing experience in a technical field. Experience with mechanical, electro-mechanical and optical systems or components.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot and test products with minimal assistance
- Identify and solve production system level performance issues
- Train other Technicians on new or existing processes/products
- Cross-trained in at least two interdepartmental processes/products
- Ability to create and update manufacturing procedures as necessary
- Actively participate with Lean Manufacturing improvement initiatives including process development and implementation.
- Assemble and Qualify (test) all levels of in house manufactured products for assigned product line to meet quality and productivity standards
- Process repairs on assemblies and instruments within a specified customer time frame
- Ability to critically assess processes, fixturing, and documentation to make constructive recommendations to improve
- Projects and other duties as assigned
- Candidate must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills that contribute to productivity and problem solving
- Proven attention to detail and adherence to Manufacturing Details (process execution)
- Proven decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work schedule
- Must be able to work in a team-based environment with high level of participation, flexibility and collaboration.
- Proficient with assembly equipment/processes used in department
- Ability to build and test released assemblies without assistance
- Proven understanding of the Manufacturing Work Order and Inventory Control systems
- Proficient mechanical aptitude required
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
Physical activities: Balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, and performing repetitive motions,