|Date Posted||January 14, 2021|
|Address||524 Genomic Dr|
The Vice President of Enzyme Development & Manufacturing is responsible for direction, strategy, and execution of the company’s enzyme manufacturing and development operations located in Madison, WI. This position will plan, manage and direct all enzyme manufacturing, transfer, process development and scale-up activities for RUO and regulated clinical enzymes. As the Madison site leader, this position will also drive play a significant role in driving the Quality, Supply Chain and Facilities activities related to enzymes.
- Ensure that, as the company grows, enzyme manufacturing capabilities meet or exceed all industry and customer requirements for safety, quality, cost, scale and responsiveness
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional leaders from teams across the company like Product Development and Research to execute on the product roadmap
- Drive the technical leadership for enzyme process development and manufacturing to ensure that we deliver best in class enzyme performance.
- Lead the manufacturing organization to a level of performance identifiable with World Class organizations, utilizing lean production and continuous improvement techniques
- Lead an organizational strategy to hire and develop employees to ensure the effective operation of process development and manufacturing while also anticipating future capabilities and skill needs for future innovation
- Develop and manage budgeting and budget execution with a focus on product costs and margins
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
- A proven and experienced manufacturing leader with a high level of business acumen, penchant for innovation, natural leadership skills, transformative mindset and a hyper- focus on making an impact.
- Speed and Aggressiveness – possesses a collaborative, yet relentless approach to process improvement and team management in order to achieve best in class results, especially around cost, cycle time / throughput and customer service
- Growth Driver – proven track record of partnering with Research and Product Development to optimize new product launches and product lifecycle management within a fast‐paced, high growth company with a robust pipeline of new products and short product lifecycles
- Talent Management – a “player-coach” and proven manager/developer of people; capable of recruiting, managing and motivating strong teams
- Natural Leader with Strong Executive Presence – positive and dynamic management style, combined with superior communication skills and high credibility; able to gain followership and attain buy‐in from internal stakeholders; capable of successfully navigating a complex organizational matrix
- Proven Change Management Skills – the ability to influence and drive initiatives across functions, levels, and regions; tough-minded with courage of conviction, yet collaborative and professional
- Business Acumen and Detail Orientation – able to contribute strategically to the broader needs and goals of the business, as well as drive superior performance through hands-on, day‐to‐day management of reagent and consumables manufacturing
- Execution and Solutions‐Oriented – able to marshal resources and convey a clear vision across an enterprise in order to meet or exceed objectives; a self-starter, able to perform within challenging and / or ambiguous environments and situations
- Analytical Horsepower – a fast learner and decisive leader with a quick mind, sound judgment, and excellent problem solving / critical thinking skills;